I usually turn to coconut flour pancakes when I am in the mood for a fun breakfast over the weekend. It’s also a good alternative for individuals trying to avoid gluten or that overall bloated feeling associated with flour pancakes.
Full transparency, they took me some time to master and given that your kitchen might be different it may take a few tries to get it right. The texture was challenging but even after the right ingredients ratio cooking to the perfect temperature can be tricky.
I’m really happy with this one and look forward to serving them for family members and holidays in the future. Good luck!
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes | Serves: 12 small pancakes
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 6 table spoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- (agave/syrup) optional
- Heat skillet on low heat
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, milk, melted butter
- Slowly add coconut flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to the large bowl
- Lightly grease skillet with coconut oil
- Pour 1/4 cup size portion of batter to skillet
- Cook one side for 2-3 minute
- Slowly flip (it will not bubble like regular pancakes)
- Cook on opposite side for 1-2 minutes